Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Its Not Why, But How We Handle Things

So many times after a tragedy we hear the words, “Why did God allow this to happen to me? I am a good person and try to live the right kind of life..why me?” and the reply. “We don’t always understand God’s will, but we know he allowed this to happen for a reason.” WRONG. God didn’t make the choice that led to the circumstances or consequences that we find ourselves in. He gave us free will and a conscious so we could make choices. Sometimes we are so burdened and grief-stricken by things that happen because of other people choices we might feel that God is punishing us for some forgotten and unforgiven sin, but I believe that God is so loving and caring that He forgives me for all my shortcomings every time I acknowledge them and ask for forgiveness. It’s ourselves who won’t forgive ourselves. We can feel sad, but not guilty for circumstances that happened because of a bad choice.
When you are faced with a problem, instead of trying to get God to do something about it, simply think about what God is, health, happiness, fulfillment, peace, harmony, companionship and as long as you have the “breath of life” in this body, God’s spirit is right here in you. If God is all these things and He is in you, how can you be anything but perfect? It does no good to try to ‘talk’ God into doing something about your discord, only you can do this.
God is my Father, He made me. His plan is for me to be happy, healthy, caring and to be his work manifest here on earth. This is I do daily by accepting his guidance, leadership and direction in each and every choice I must make each day. God uses us to make things happen…it’s up to us to make sure we use God’s choices in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment