Thursday, October 28, 2010

Doing it Right


DOING IT RIGHT.
Do you ever feel that you must be missing something or not doing something right when you hear people talking about God answering their prayers or leading them each step of their lives? This used to really bother me because when I prayed I was never quite sure that God heard me, that I was saying the right words, that I had persuaded Him to my way of thinking.
 I always thought of Him as something or someone outside of me, “up in the clouds” who would hear everyone’s prayers and then decide which ones were worthy to be granted. If I was particularly concerned about something, I would create in my mind every imaginable “augment” I could think of before I finally went down on my knees. Nothing was more discouraging  that to think that God might answer some prayers and not others, that He might care more for one person than another, might be kind one day and cruel the next, that He created us with free will and then might punish us eternally for making the wrong choices.
But God made promises; Jesus gave us the example of how to pray when he gave us the “The Lord’s Prayer”. All we need is the faith to believe these things that God has promised and each day through prayer accepts His promise to lead, guide, and direct us in everything we do. God can do for us only what God can do through us. It is done unto us as we believe. Putting God first gives me the confidence and self-assurance that each step I take, each word I speak and each thought I make is the right one. I just know it!

God’s Promises


“God is the same yesterday, today and forever”
“The Kingdom of God is within you.”
“If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.”
“Whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do.”
“Pray Believing”
Pray without ceasing……1Thessalonians 5:17
Pray for one another………..James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment